POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Advanced metals libraries needed : Advanced metals libraries needed Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:50:16 EDT (-0400)
  Advanced metals libraries needed
From: Marvin
Date: 8 Jul 2006 07:45:00
Message: <web.44af9a9dd4b4ed7f73cc178a0@news.povray.org>
Sorry if this it OT

I do a project to keep my job, and I need photorealistic parameters for
laminate iron core for electromotor model. This far I have made an
animation, or few of them, but either it is too much reflection to the
level of confusion over what is reflected, or I get too dark metal with
finish { reflection 0.2 } or less.

Anyone had experience willing to share on modelling irons?

Here are examples of motors, so you could see the problem for yourself (2 MB
animation each)

http://161.53.83.3/~mtodorov/tesla/ind-320x240-2x-rot.gif

http://161.53.83.3/~mtodorov/tesla/sink-320x240-2x-rot.gif

You can also see I am not good at lighting. This is an academic volunteering
project and I am few months at rendering, so please any good soul help.

Marvin